EXFO - FTB-8830NGE Power Blazer
The ongoing transition towards a converged network infrastructure for SONET/SDH, OTN, Fibre Channel and packet-based Ethernet services requires a test tool that can cover a wide range of interfaces and rates without sacrificing portability, speed or cost. Leveraging the intelligent FTB-2, FTB-2 Pro, the FTB-500 platform and the IQS-600 multimodules platform, the FTB/IQS-8830NGE Power Blazer streamlines processes and empowers technicians to customize their testing solution in order to efficiently validate SONET/SDH, OTN, Fibre Channel and Ethernet circuits.
Powerful yet simple
Since next-generation networks are becoming more and more complex, the FTB/IQS-8830NGE Power Blazer module is designed to cover all testing needs up to 10G without sacrificing simplicity. Thanks to a highly intuitive graphical user interface (GUI), streamlined procedures and predefined configurations, new users will be able to master this tool with little-to-no training. By combining the FTB/IQS-8830NGE Power Blazer module with any EXFO optical module for fiber characterization and OSNR qualification, technicians can run them simultaneously, and speed up both the testing and time to service.
Simplified BER testing
- Lets you preconfigure OTN (from OTU1 or OTU2, including standard overclocked rates), Ethernet (from 10M to 10G), SONET/SDH (from OC-3/STM-1 to OC-192/STM-64), and Fibre Channel (1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 10x, 16x) bit-error-rate test parameters before arriving at the test site. After, load them from the Favorites menu in one click.
- Preconfigured Favorites can be copied from one platform to another, or sent to technicians out in the field via e-mail to be loaded using the USB port on their platform.
- Clear results, assorted notifications and real-time pass/fail status via text or icons. Clicking on the pass/fail indicator maximizes this important status to full screen for clear and concise notification.
Ethernet Performance Assessment
- Offers an automated RFC 2544 test suite for all supported Ethernet interfaces at all frame sizes and at full line rate for repeatable test results and error-free circuit certification at 100% utilization.
- RFC 2544 is complemented by five Smart Loopback modes: pinpoint loopback traffic from a UDP or TCP layer, or all the way down to a completely promiscuous mode (Transparent Loopback)—the FTB/IQS-8830NGE can adjust to all loopback situations where the remote unit will return traffic to the local unit by swapping packet overhead up to layer 4 of the OSI stack.
- Delivers test reports with detailed throughput, frame loss, back-to-back and latency measurements, in addition to clear histograms for future reference regarding specific service-level agreements.
EtherSAM: ITU-T Y.1564 Ethernet Service Activation
Supported on the FTB/IQS-8830NGE Power Blazer module for 10M-to-10G Ethernet client services, this new methodology brings numerous advantages, including:
- Validation of critical SLA criteria, such as packet jitter and QoS measurements
- Faster time-to-service
- EXFO’s EtherSAM test suite: based on the ITU-T Y.1564 Ethernet service activation methodology, this EXFO innovation can simulate all types of services that will run on the network and simultaneously qualify all key SLA parameters for each service.
Item code: 162644
|EXFO - FTB-8830NGE Power Blazer - 1|
Rent this product
Buy this product
This product is not for sale on our website. Contact us directly for sales prices.
Last viewed products
Comprehensive test suite, up to 10G